Just in: Sunderland team could be facing a FA charges over protest against QPR

Sunderland striker Hemir walked over to the travelling supporters as they celebrated another away win after a 3-1 victory at QPR.

The Portuguese attacker had only come on as a substitute in the 83rd minute at Loftus Road, but he was fully involved in the post-match celebrations with the rest of the squad.
Hemir then picked up a hat tossed to him by a fan before putting it on and heading up to hug some of the away fans.
Tony Mowbray’s team didn’t always have it easy, with the visitors falling behind in the 12th minute to Kenneth Paal’s low attempt.

QPR, Sunderland charged over players' conduct

A minute of silence is observed in memory of Morocco and Libya.
Following the recent tragic events in Morocco and Libya, there was a minute’s silence before the match as a symbol of respect.
QPR midfielder Ilias Chair, who has represented Morocco 13 times, stepped out with the Moroccan flag draped over his shoulders, before players from both teams gathered around the center circle.

Tensions were high before Colback was sent off.
Prior to Colback’s dismissal, tensions were rising as Sunderland players were dissatisfied with a handful of physical challenges.

First, Paul Smyth aggravated Niall Huggins by pushing him off the field, while Trai Hume was the victim of a similar challenge on the opposite wing.

Black Cats captain Luke O’Nien expressed his displeasure to referee Dean Whitestone, gesticulating how many incidents had gone unpunished.

That was before Colback was awarded a straight red card in the 21st minute for a late and reckless tackle on Jobe Bellingham.

Jack Clarke silences his detractors

Sunderland climb into play-off spots as Jack Clarke scores twice in  comprehensive win at QPR - Chronicle Live
Despite having a man advantage, Sunderland struggled to break down QPR for the rest of the first half, with the hosts reverting to a 5-3-1 shape.

Clarke was also booed by home fans after clashing with QPR defender Osman Kakay and claiming a penalty that was not given.

However, the Sunderland winger quickly quiet the boos when he cut in from the right and leveled the game, his strike taking a heavy deflection off Rs defender Steve Cook.

Tony Mowbray’s daring departure
Mowbray made a second substitute at halftime after being forced to pull Pierre Ekwah in the first half owing to a dead leg, with Alex Pritchard taking his place.

Patrick Roberts was brought on in place of full-back Niall Huggins for an offensive change, which frequently left only O’Nien and Balland facing QPR attacker Sinclair Armstrong.

It eventually paid off, as Roberts connected up with Pritchard just before Sunderland’s second goal, with the visitors making the extra man pay.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.